Comtrend Router Login
If you have a Comtrend router and you have some connection problems, or if you want to improve your network security, you should make some changes to the configuration settings. To do this, you must access the admin panel of your Comtrend router.
In this easy-to-use manual we will give you simple ways of doing this. Things you need:
- A computer or laptop with Wi-Fi or ethernet connection (and ethernet cable)
- Your Comtrend router
- A well-functioning internet browser installed on your computer
Comtrend Login Steps
- Establish a Connection to Your Comtrend Router
First, you must make sure that your PC and Comtrend router are associated. You can do this by looking at accessible networks using your PC’s WiFi network, or by using one of the ethernet outlets on your PC and router.
- Navigate to IP 192.168.1.1 Using Your Browser
When you associate it with your router over an ethernet connection or WiFi, you can download Chrome, Firefox, Opera, etc. on your PC. Open any Internet browser as you like. You must search your router’s IP address to access the edit pages.
The default IP address for Comtrend routers is usually 192.168.1.1. Type in your browser’s address bar and access the sign-in screen for edit pages.
If the browser doesn’t work, you should try searching your model on this page or using the ‘ipconfig’ command to create your router’s IP. A pop-up box will now appear for you to log in to your web browser.
If none of these methods work, your router is a non-standard router, or you may have a non-standard router configuration. If this is the case, you should contact your Comtrend brand’s technical support representative or follow the instructions below to reset your router.
- Use Default Login Info to Access Your Comtrend Router
If you have a chance to change your login credentials, you can type them to log in to your router. If not, check the back of your router, user name and password for browser tag and model data.
If you do not know your username and password for the login, you should try the default Comtrend login.
If that doesn’t work, try the following commonly used usernames and passwords that we provide for you:
Usernames: admin, root.
Passwords: admin, root, 1234, 12345.
- Need Help to Configure Your Comtrend Router Settings?
You should now be logged in to the edit pages of your Comtrend router. Please be careful when changing any settings here, as this may affect the effectiveness of your router.
After resetting your router, it is possible that you want to change the administrator login credentials to allow secure access to your router.
Here are some of the things you can change:
- The name and password of your WiFi network
- Whether you want your router to transmit on the 2.4 or 5 GHz network band
- Whether or not to use WPS security
Likewise, you can search or run a diagnostic check under ‘Diagnostics’ in the left-hand menu. If your router is now in good condition, be sure to save your setting changes, knowing that something unpredictable may occur and you can revert to them.
Note, however, that if something goes wrong, you can always reset your router to factory configuration.
Reset Your Comtrend Router to Default Factory Settings
- To reset the router, you must find the reset button on the back of the router. You will see a small button on the right side of the router.
- To push the reset button, you will need something thin, such as a sharpened pen, paperclip or pin. You must hold it for at least 10 seconds. Remember, you must press the reset key long enough.
- During the reset, you will see the front lights flash. When the reset is complete, the lights stop flashing and turn on continuously.
- Please turn your router off and on to make sure that the reset process is complete.